New Year, another sale!
2018. A new start, yay! I didn't much care for 2017, for various reasons. I didn't like that the many negative things happening in the world, in my country, overshadowed the many positive things that I lived in 2017. So I'll shed off the bad stuff, and bring into focus the good stuff:
- A great week in Chicago, highlighted by an inspirational workshop with Maestro Verdiano Marzi
- Completion of our studio building in August, just in time to host our friends the O'Briens from England, to share the unforgettable experience of a total eclipse of the sun, right here in Central Oregon
- A fantastic trip to Aix-en-Provence for a week in September, then to Ravenna for the bi-annual Ravenna Mosaico, and Venice for the Biennale in October
- The coming together of our Northwest group of mosaic artists and celebration of the opening of our show in Lincoln City, Chiaroscuro
- The beginning of winter in Bend with a reprieve from the horrendous snow from last year. A mild winter carries me into 2018.
Once again, I got an email out of the blue, inquiring about one of my works. My buyer from last summer was back, and wanted to acquire Navy Pier ! Many emotions came over me at once. Oh boy, a sale! Simultaneously, Oh shoot! We'd kinda gotten used to it being the focus of our living room art collection! But never mind… if I put my work, with a price on it, on my public website, and someone loves it enough to buy it, of course I'm going to sell it.
I'm inspired and given the push I need to forge ahead… get into my studio and get to work!